Wednesday 26 September 2012

Altered Book Class

Evening All,
One again I haven't blogged for over a week, slap my hands. I have been so busy in the shop, helping prepare for Toms show tomorrow at 12 on Create and Craft, crafting myself, house hunting and also addicted to reading the Hunger Games. Another good excuse is I have had no internet access at home as my laptop was being used to save all my photos before the drive broke, so be prepared to be inundated with scrapbook pages and mini books. It is my gorgeous nieces 16th at the weekend so I don't have long to make her book.

Back to craft......on Saturday in the shop we had Annette Lee teach an altered book class..it was a very intense class with lots of patience and new techniques but WOW the results were amazing....




Everybody was busy all day, sorry to the others at the other of the table, I didn't realise I missed photos of you :-(
Texture paste!





Start of Karens book...love the colours she used.
Also love the pink tones on here... Can you believe this effect was baby wipes...


Stamping on tissue paper....
Sams book progressing.....


I love how Karen cut the pages until she came to the stunning map on the background. Karen brought her book in today and the blues and silver are beautiful..very eye catching.


On Monday a long awaited order arrived......Smash Books and accessories, half the stock sold before I could get it out of the box............

...even Mo was converted into the Smash Book Gang!!
Lots of accessories...really pretty in real life.
Today Jaynes daughter, Bridie, was off school due to the flooding so she came into the shop for an Art lesson not only did she join the Smash Book Gang but she was also working on her own altered book..I honestly thought Jayne had made it....WELL DONE Bridie....


so what do you think of that? I think she has done an amazing job...she obviously takes after her Mum in the artistic department as Jayne brought in her book to show us her progress......wow wow wow....



And finally I would like to say thank you to Nora for knitting me these stunning baby booties when she has so many other things to be doing, I don't normally post my baby things but I was so touched by these. I have had so many gorgeous knitted clothes, socks and booties made I am overwhelmed by them. Nora asked if I was superstitious about receiving baby items before the baby is born, everybody in the shop laughed as the upstairs is more like a baby nursery now...all I need is baby furniture and a peugeot of Joan and we are  completely ready for the arrival.....so I will leave a picture of the gorgeous booties.....(I'm only sucking up because she is knitting me some baby ugg boots lol)....



Thanks for taking the time to read..
      Susan x

5 comments:

  1. I wish I lived closer so I could join in with all the super projects at your shop ... I enjoyed looking at all the books... good fun and great work! The baby bootees are soooooo sweet ...
    Take care
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a really good day, I definately got in the zone but I was so impressed with Jayne's book I love a "full Story" but I agree with you Sue they were all really lovely - its great to sit with other crafters because you pick up so much from people doing things in different styles. When in the follow on class then? Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Ive just found your shop. and loved it, wish we ( my hubby and me) had more time today ...... Could ve sat all day hee hee hee..... Fantastic friendly shop.xxx I might even do an altered book x
    Shelagh x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suziecraft the most friendly shop I know always a wellcome smile and a cuppa there ready and waiting Tom and sue willing to show you how to use the masks and splodge mat or anything your not sure of doing
    Well done
    sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADDERLink INFINITY lets you build a variable national infrastructure, famous brands that have not necessarily also been feasible prior to. Locate desktops everywhere that suits you, reveal internet connections to be able to desktops, view this connections people possess together with desktops, reveal control, collaborate, switch desktops, and many others. The particular ADDERLink INFINITY can also be the primary product involving it's type allowing multicasting around your current community.

    ReplyDelete